Saturday, August 29, 2009

Look alikes

Last night we took Amanda out for dinner for her last night in KC. We wish her well as she starts a new chapter of her life in Minnesota living with her uncle's family.

We went to Olive Garden for the Never Ending Pasta Bowl. The service was slow and our waiter seemed pre-occupied but he kept our needs meet. Out of the blue near the end of the meal he looked at me and said "you know you have a celebrity look-alike, don't you." I was like "'huh?" because he really hadn't spoken a word to us other than to get our order. He proceeded to try to name my celebrity twin although he couldn't remember her name and he said the movie she was in was something about a dozen. Riley figured out that he was talking about Alyson Stoner from Cheaper by the Dozen.

Maybe there is a slight resemblance, but I don't think we look alike, not to mention the fact that I am 27 years older than her. I did think it interesting that her role in Cheaper by the Dozen kind of portrays my tom-boyish personality.

No comments: