Sunday, March 8, 2009

Enough time has passed since my last blog that I can talk about the good things in my life without my readers thinking that I am bi-polar.

After two-months of agonizing exercise, workouts have become bearable again. Reality of age has hit me and I realize that I don't bounce back physically like I used to. This is a positive aspect, in that I know I can live the active lifestyle that I enjoy so much. I haven't signed up for any races yet this year, only because I need to coordinate them with my summer calendar. There are several new ones that I'm reviewing. I would do them all if time allowed.

I have to admit that I am a bit jealous of my dog's running ability. He has 8" legs and can run a 5K in under 22 min without training. He averages 8.4 mph on our outings and that fluctuates depending on the various smells outside and the number of other dogs and critters we encounter. I enjoy our evening excursions because we often see wildlife along the way. Almost always when we are out at twilight we see a few white-tailed deer. We've also seen wild turkey, numerous squirrels, and a few groundhogs.

Weather was wonderful this week. It started with almost 6" of snow last Saturday and by Thursday it was 80 degrees. It's time to dust off the old road bike and go for some long training rides. The thought crossed my mind yesterday when it was still in the upper 60's but weekend chores won and I ended up washing the cars, re-potting some houseplants, and the ubiquitous laundry and cleaning.

Today is daylight savings, and even though I lost an hour of my weekend I'm excited that the days will seem longer and springtime is just around the corner.

1 comment:

MS said...

Don't be afraid to show the good, the bad, and the ugly in your blogs. As long as you have a mix and don't obsess on only the negative they will be interesting to read. It's not much fun to read a pollyanna all the time.

I love your jealousy of Buster! I'm depressed just knowing it has been agonizing for you the past two months,since I know you enjoy this part of your life. What am *I* going to do?? It will take me 3 years of agonizing workouts to begin to tolerate them.

I'd love to join you and Buster some night on your twilight jaunts...just let me get my segway. LOL